Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yummy Lorna's Laces

I was able to snag some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport from someone's destash recently. I got 1 full skein in "Rainbow" and a mostal in a purple color (Blackberry maybe?).



I was gonna save it to make dd a hat for next winter. But instead she was complaining that her ears were cold using the old store-bought hat she had (which was truthfully too small anyway). I took the "ear muffs" from Christmas away cuz she just kept pulling and stretching it like a rubber band so much that it didn't do anything anymore anyway. So she asked me to make a hat this winter instead.

All the patterns I had previously marked for ear flap hats were for bulky yarn...but double stranding the sport weight only got me to worsted...so I hunted for a different pattern.
I found this one...Big Funky Hat
It seemed to be written for an adult head so I modified it a bit to fit my 5 yr old.

Here it is







I love how the colors pooled :D

No comments: