Sunday, May 18, 2008

I feel just AWFUL...

Regarding the "torturous baby blanket"

I have not been concentrating my efforts on it recently because I was stressing out about it too much & I decided BIL & SIL's wedding presents took priority...

So today I took the blanket to church to work on b/w services & was so excited when I reported that I was 1/2 way done. Then Karen told me...the baby I was making that blanket for was delivered at 24 weeks and didn't make it...

I know my thoughts and feelings played no part in what happened, but I've been directing so much negative energy towards this project that I can't help but feel a bit guilty.

And the other thing that's bothering me is that it sounds like the mom had HELLP syndrome like I did with Owen. If that wasn't it, it was very close. Not only did she have a premature birth, but she lost the baby AND has permanent kidney damage because of it. Owen & I were SO lucky I can't even wrap my head around it...he had no preemie issues & I have no lasting effects. Oh yeah, and we're both alive.

Why do some have so many blessings and other's have so much agony?

No comments: