Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fiber Fun Day: Part 2

After leaving BSSW, we went straight to Alpaca Fest '08 in East Peoria...I had already been planning on taking Serena after J got back from work. PLUS it was on the way home so we HAD to stop :)LOL

Very cool!
Lots of stuff for sale...all way too expensive (there's that penny pincher again). I REALLY wanted to get some yarn & may be some roving to try spinning it but my wallet was gasping at the price tags.

Got some rally cute pics of the alpacas tho.

Here's some judging going on...


A brave alpaca sniffing Serena's hand...


Here are some of my faves...




My ABSOLUTE faves...


I did find a booth (Augusta Creek Farms from Augusta, Michigan) that had some dk/sport wt yarn (just what I was looking for) at really good prices (she wanted to clear last year's inventory before this year's came in).
So I got 1 skein of fawn & 1 skein of dark brown.

I also got a 1oz bump of lavender roving that Serena liked...which I will spin AFTER I know more about what I'm doing when spinning.

There is quite a bit of veggie matter in the yarn & roving, but it'll be ok.

No comments: