Friday, April 4, 2008

I love Ewe!



I am so excited!!!
I just got back from the Black Socks Sheep & Wool farm. OMG! The owner/shepherd & his wife (Mike & Suzanne) were so great, I don't know where to start.

I got to go in the main barn to see the ewes and lambs...so cute! My pics are a little blurry cuz I didn't use a flash.






They've got some variety in their flock. This is a cheviot (the clean faced-one) & a CVM (California Variegated Mutant). The coats keep the fleeces cleaner.


And something I didn't expect...a guard dog (there are roaming coyotes).
A beautiful Great Pyrenees.


They also had a Corgi for a herding dog, but he was too wiggly for a good pic.

Suzanne was so gracious and sat down with me and gave me a one-on-one spinning lesson. So many great tips! I left with 1 lb of wool roving (8oz white, 8 oz tan) and a home made spindle to practice on.
The white is from a Corriedale crossbreed named "Snowdrop" and the tan is from a CVM named "Hershey."


They said that I could come to the shearing next week if I was interested!!
OF COURSE I'M INTERESTED :) :) :) :)
If Serena behaves well at school the next few days, I will pull her out & take her with.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(squealing with glee)

No comments: