Saturday, April 12, 2008

My first socks...a WIP

WIP = Work In Progress

I need to catch up a bit.
I am trying my hand (and needles) at making my first pair of socks using this pattern.
I had my fingers crossed that they were going to fit considering there is no mention of gauge & I was using thinner yarn (sport instead or light worsted) & smaller needles (size 1 instead of 3 or 4) than the pattern called. But since I'm a loose knitter, I hoped it would work.

I was really surprised at how well they were fitting...considering my size 10.5-11 feet!
Then i got to the toes...

This is where the pattern calls for grafting the ends together...hmmm? Not gonna work.
So I made up my own extension on the toes then started the next one. I don't really like my extension so I will try something different with the second sock & re-knit this first one after I know it works.

No comments: